Friday, April 22, 2011

Pest...Oh


There isn't much better on a pizza, mixed up with mayo for a sando, tossed with some pasta or just to dip some bread in than fresh pesto. Oh man. I make a chicken sando that I use this pesto with and it is out of this solar system! One time I bought some pesto at the store and it tasted like your grandma's garage smells. So... I won't be making that mistake again. And I mean really, It's kind of weird that your grandma is storing all that pesto in her garage before it makes it out to the grocery store.

5 Cups Basil Leafs
5 Cloves of Garlic (Peeled)
1 Cup Olive Oil
1 tsp salt (to taste really…)
1 tsp Pepper
¼ Cup Pine Nuts
¼ Cup Walnuts
2 Tblspn Lemon Juice
½ Cup Grated Parm

It’s easy silly! Just put all of that stuff in the food processor and blend until smooth. Then put it in a jar or a bowl or something and just dig in. It’s real good.

Shoot. The day has gotten away from me a little bit and I'm meeting Hey Marseilles manager Christen along with Samuel, Matt and Philip at Cafe Arrabica on Capitol Hill in 30 min. OOPS! Well, on the upside we're going back into the studio this weekend so I'll have another update on our progress from there. Makin' hits and stackin' paper. That's how we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment