Thursday, April 21, 2011

Making Your Neighbors Fold Your Laundry



This may not be the nicest way to conduct one’s life but it’s fueled by the purest of intentions. A sense of family and home is longed for by me and many others like me living alone in the big city. This is like living with your parents without all of that nasty stigma and awkward conversations following failed pickup lines at bars.

You have to begin by believing that your neighbors will fold your laundry and match your socks and stuff. Here are a couple of easy steps to get this done.

Wait until late Sunday afternoon and throw a load of laundry in. Everybody realizes that all of their clothes are dirty on Sunday as they anticipate the work week ahead.

Don’t forget to take your clothes hamper with you after you put your load in. If you leave it there is the chance that your clothes won’t be folded but be tossed into the hamper. Leave the space bare.



Now grab a beer or something and make yourself scarce, like, act like you’re not around.



I took the risk of checking my laundry’s progress during this trial just for scientific purposes. As you can see my upstairs neighbor Katie has put a load in the washer and dried my clothes in the process. She even used the medium-low heat setting!


I retreat to my lair and played the waiting game. I heard Katie come down the stairs and then go back up again about 8-10 minutes later. I waited 5 minutes and returned to find my clothes dried and folded. Boom.

Thanks Katie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment